- 1 هام:مراجعة نشاط الإداري
- 3 Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments
- 5 Changes to the default site typography coming soon
- 6 Pronunciation Recording
- 7 Media Viewer
- 8 Using only UploadWizard for uploads
- 9 Media Viewer is now live on this wiki
- 10 سؤال
- 11 Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions
- 12 Process ideas for software development
- 13 Grants to improve your project
- 14 Meta RfCs on two new global groups
- 15 Global AbuseFilter
- 16 [Global proposal] m.ويكاموس.org: (الكل) تعديل الصفحات
- 17 Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content
- 18 SUL finalization update
- 19 Stewards confirmation rules
- 20 Nominations are being accepted for 2015 Wikimedia Foundation elections
- 21 اقتراح بخصوص استحداث صلاحيات جديدة
هام:مراجعة نشاط الإداري[عدل]
Hello. Sorry by advance for writting in English. Feel free to translate this message here.
A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was recently adopted by global community consensus (your community received a notice about the discussion). According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on smaller wikis. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the new admin activity review here.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Bassem JARKAS (administrator)
- Chaos (administrator)
- Lord Anubis (administrator)
- Mahaodeh (administrator)
- OsamaK (administrator)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, -- Quentinv57 20:50، 20 فبراير 2014 (ت ع م)
Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[عدل]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make ويكاموس better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.
Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:
- Organizing social media for Chinese Wikipedia ($350 for materials)
- Improving gadgets for Visual Editor ($4500 for developers)
- Coordinating access to reliable sources for Wikipedians ($7500 for project management, consultants and materials)
- Building community and strategy for Wikisource (€10000 for organizing and travel)
Hope to have your participation,
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 19:44، 28 فبراير 2014 (ت ع م)
Changes to the default site typography coming soon[عدل]
This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:
- April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
- April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live
This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.
For more information:
Dear Wiktionary community!
- About me
- My name is Rainer Rillke, and I have been volunteering at Wikimedia Commons for 3 years now, gathering experience around media files. I've been always interested in how things work and how one could improve them.
- The idea
- One idea that appeared last Summer was allowing the recording of small chunks of speech, uploading that to Wikimedia Commons in the background and including this into a Wiktionary entry without having the hassle doing everything by hand or installing additional software. That idea led to the foundation of MediaWiki extension PronunciationRecording during the Google Summer of Code. However, this was not completed; instead development is stale for over 5 months now.
- My proposal
- To make this going to work, so Wiktionary has an immediate benefit of this feature, I would like to provide the work done so far as a gadget and add some more work in regard to usability. You can see my plan at m:Grants:IEG/Finish Pronunciation Recording. And more importantly, you can give me a hand, if you are interested by writing your comments.
Greetings, my apologies for writing in English.
I wanted to let you know that Media Viewer will be released to this wiki in the coming weeks. Media Viewer allows readers of Wikimedia projects to have an enhanced view of files without having to visit the file page, but with more detail than a thumbnail. You can try Media Viewer out now by turning it on in your Beta Features. If you do not enjoy Media Viewer or if it interferes with your work after it is turned on you will be able to disable Media Viewer as well in your preferences. I invite you to share what you think about Media Viewer and how it can be made better in the future.
Thank you for your time. - Keegan (WMF) 21:29، 23 مايو 2014 (ت ع م)
Using only UploadWizard for uploads[عدل]
Hello! Sorry for writing in English. It was noted that on this wiki upload is not fully functional for users, who will experience a very difficult and/or illegal uploading. In fact, the licenses/copyright tags dropdown is empty, making it hard or impossible to comply with copyright requirements during upload itself.
- local "رفع ملف" restricted to the "إداريون" group (for emergency uploads) and
- the sidebar point to commons:Special:UploadWizard,
so that you can avoid local maintenance and all users can have a functioning, easy upload interface in their own language. All registered users can upload on Commons and existing files will not be affected.
All this will get done around 2014-07-03.
- If you disagree with the proposal, just remove your wiki from the list. Remember also to create MediaWiki:Licenses locally with any content (see a simple example), or uploads will be soon disabled anyway by MediaWiki itself (starting in version 1.24wmf11).
- To make the UploadWizard even better, please tell your experience and ideas on commons:Commons:Upload Wizard feedback.
Nemo 13:09، 19 يونيو 2014 (ت ع م)
Media Viewer is now live on this wiki[عدل]
Greetings— and sorry for writing in English, please translate if it will help your community,
Media Viewer displays images in larger size when you click on their thumbnails, to provide a better viewing experience. Users can now view images faster and more clearly, without having to jump to separate pages — and its user interface is more intuitive, offering easy access to full-resolution images and information, with links to the file repository for editing. The tool has been tested extensively across all Wikimedia wikis over the past six months as a Beta Feature and has been released to the largest Wikipedias, all language Wikisources, and the English Wikivoyage already.
If you do not like this feature, you can easily turn it off by clicking on "Disable Media Viewer" at the bottom of the screen, pulling up the information panel (or in your your preferences) whether you have an account or not. Learn more in this Media Viewer Help page.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about Media Viewer. You are invited to share your feedback in this discussion on MediaWiki.org in any language, to help improve this feature. You are also welcome to take this quick survey in English, en français, o español.
كيف يمكنني الدخول إلى أغلاط شائعة في العربية ، والتعديل عليها ، أحد هذه الملحوظات كان فيها أخطاء كتابية كثيرة .. وأريد أن أعدلها .. وحتى عندما اقوم بالنقر على "ملحوظة أخرى ، لا يتم التحويل إلى ملحوظة أخرى لمَ ؟؟؟؟ — هذا التعليق غير الموقع أضافه Baraa-z (نقاش • مساهمات)
- الملاحظة هي فقط ملاحظة واحدة (أنظري هنا) وهذا راجع للإهمال أو عدم نشاط هذا المشروع وعدم جلبه لعدد كافي من المستخدمين، لإنشاء عدة ملاحظات يرجى إنشاء عدة قوالب بالشكل التالي "قالب:ملاحظة اليوم/0" مع زيادة الرقم عند الإنتهاء في العداد لكي تعرض في الصفحة الرئيسية، من هنا، مع أخد العلم أن الرقم صفر محتسب، إي إذا وضعتي 10 فهذا يعني 11 وليس 10 --Mohammedbas (نقاش) 16:31، 11 أغسطس 2014 (ت ع م)
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions[عدل]
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.
Process ideas for software development[عدل]
’’My apologies for writing in English.’’
I am notifying you that a brainstorming session has been started on Meta to help the Wikimedia Foundation increase and better affect community participation in software development across all wiki projects. Basically, how can you be more involved in helping to create features on Wikimedia projects? We are inviting all interested users to voice their ideas on how communities can be more involved and informed in the product development process at the Wikimedia Foundation. It would be very appreciated if you could translate this message to help inform your local communities as well.
I and the rest of my team welcome you to participate. We hope to see you on Meta.
Grants to improve your project[عدل]
- Apologies for English. Please help translate this message.
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals for funding new experiments from September 1st to 30th. Your idea could improve Wikimedia projects with a new tool or gadget, a better process to support community-building on your wiki, research on an important issue, or something else we haven't thought of yet. Whether you need $200 or $30,000 USD, Individual Engagement Grants can cover your own project development time in addition to hiring others to help you.
- Submit your proposal
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session MediaWiki message delivery (نقاش) 16:52، 2 سبتمبر 2014 (ت ع م)
Meta RfCs on two new global groups[عدل]
There are currently requests for comment open on meta to create two new global groups. The first is a group for members of the OTRS permissions queue, which would grant them autopatrolled rights on all wikis except those who opt-out. That proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Creation of a global OTRS-permissions user group. The second is a group for Wikimedia Commons admins and OTRS agents to view deleted file pages through the 'viewdeletedfile' right on all wikis except those who opt-out. The second proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Global file deletion review.
We would like to hear what you think on both proposals. Both are in English; if you wanted to translate them into your native language that would also be appreciated.
It is possible for individual projects to opt-out, so that users in those groups do not have any additional rights on those projects. To do this please start a local discussion, and if there is consensus you can request to opt-out of either or both at m:Stewards' noticeboard.Thanks and regards, Ajraddatz (talk) 18:04، 26 أكتوبر 2014 (ت ع م)
مرشح الإساءة هو امتداد خاص بميديا ويكي يستخدم في كشف أنماط الإساءة المحتملة، مثل التخريب والرسائل الغير مرغوب فيها. في عام 2013 تم تنشيط مرشحات الإساءة الشاملة على عدد محدد من مواقع الويكي والتي تضم ميتا ويكي وميديا ويكي وويكي الأنواع و(في أوائل عام 2014) كافة "small wikis". كما نشطت مؤخرا مرشحات الإساءة الشاملة على "medium sized wikis" أيضا. يدير هذه المرشحات في الوقت الحالي مضيفين على ميتاويكي وقد ثبت فعاليتها في منع هجمات الرسائل المزعجة في كافة مشاريع ويكيميديا. رغم ما سلف، لا يوجد في الوقت الحالي سياسة تتعلق بكيفية إدارة مرشحات الإساءة الشاملة إلا أنه توجد مقترحات في هذا الصدد. يوجد في الوقت الحالي طلب للإدلاء بالرأي على السياسة التي تنظم استخدام مرشحات الإساءة الشاملة. في الوقت الحالي يمكن لمواقع ويكي معينة أن تنسحب من استخدام مرشح الإساءة الشامل. يوجد في الوقت الحالي طلب للإدلاء بالرأي على السياسة التي تنظم استخدام مرشحات الإساءة الشاملة. في الوقت الحالي يمكن لمواقع ويكي معينة أن تنسحب من استخدام مرشح الإساءة الشامل. يمكن لمواقع الويكي هذه أن تقوم ببساطة بإضافة طلب إلى 4هذه القائمة على ميتاويكي. لو كانت لديك أي استفسارات يرجى عدم التردد في الاستفسار على m:Talk:Global AbuseFilter.
[Global proposal] m.ويكاموس.org: (الكل) تعديل الصفحات[عدل]
Hi, this message is to let you know that, on domains like ar.m.wikipedia.org, unregistered users cannot edit. At the Wikimedia Forum, where global configuration changes are normally discussed, a few dozens users propose to restore normal editing permissions on all mobile sites. Please read and comment!
Thanks and sorry for writing in English, Nemo 22:32، 1 مارس 2015 (ت ع م)
Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content[عدل]
This March, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas for improving gender diversity on Wikimedia projects. Less than 20% of Wikimedia contributors are women, and many important topics are still missing in our content. We invite all Wikimedians to participate. If you have an idea that could help address this problem, please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 31.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive, positive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign and help this project better represent the world’s knowledge!
SUL finalization update[عدل]
Hi all,apologies for writing in English, please read this page for important information and an update involving SUL finalization, scheduled to take place in one month. Thanks. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:45، 13 مارس 2015 (ت ع م)
Stewards confirmation rules[عدل]
Hello, I made a proposal on Meta to change the rules for the steward confirmations. Currently consensus to remove is required for a steward to lose his status, however I think it's fairer to the community if every steward needed the consensus to keep. As this is an issue that affects all WMF wikis, I'm sending this notification to let people know & be able to participate. Best regards, --MF-W 16:12، 10 أبريل 2015 (ت ع م)
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections. This year the Board and the FDC Staff are looking for a diverse set of candidates from regions and projects that are traditionally under-represented on the board and in the movement as well as candidates with experience in technology, product or finance. To this end they have published letters describing what they think is needed and, recognizing that those who know the community the best are the community themselves, the election committee is accepting nominations for community members you think should run and will reach out to those nominated to provide them with information about the job and the election process.
This year, elections are being held for the following roles:
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. There are three positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the board elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud
The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.
The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 20 to 23:59 UTC May 5 for the Board and from 00:00 UTCApril 20 to 23:59 UTC April 30 for the FDC and FDC Ombudsperson. This year, we are accepting both self-nominations and nominations of others. More information on this election and the nomination process can be found on the 2015 Wikimedia elections page on Meta-Wiki.
Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections -at- wikimedia.org
اقتراح بخصوص استحداث صلاحيات جديدة[عدل]
مرحبا. أقترح استحداث صلاحيات مراجع تلقائي ومسترجع ومدقق مستخدم فنحن بحاجة لتلك الصلاحيات هنا وبالأخص الأوليين حاجة ماسة نظرا لكثرة التخريب وكثرة الصفحات الجديدة ووجود المستحقين للصلاحيات. فأتمنى المشاركة وإبداء الرأي. تحياتي--1339861mzb (نقاش) 11:58، 1 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع--محمد نصار 1 (نقاش) 12:30، 1 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع ممتاز --Omar Ghrida (نقاش) 13:19، 1 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع--أحمد توفيق (نقاش) 13:22، 1 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع --ممتاز --Badr alkabir (نقاش) 13:28، 1 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع --Mohamed Ouda (نقاش) 22:20، 1 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع --Ziad (نقاش) 01:53، 2 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع --Zaher kadour (نقاش) 07:35، 2 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع.--لا روسا (نقاش) 08:09، 2 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع--Ibrahim.ID (نقاش) 11:20، 2 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- مع، اقتراح مهم جدا وييسر العمل. --Taher2000 (نقاش) 00:45، 3 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)
- Looks like a consensus to me, though you are going to need to address some components. Firstly translation by Google doesn't help but it isn't clear that you are addressing rollback and autopatrol rights, nor even that they are well explained. Then on the technial aspects, if you want autopatroller rights to be assignable. 1) Who can assign the rights? Bureaucrats? Administrators? … Who can remove the rights? Bureaucrats? Administrators? Similarly if there is discussion about rollback, the same questions need to be addressed. You will also need to then look to your admin rules and processes to how you would assign any of these rights. Billinghurst (نقاش) 07:42، 3 مايو 2015 (ت ع م)